Thayer Chiropractic Method for Vertigo in Costa Mesa
Do you feel that your world is spinning even while standing still? If so, you may be experiencing vertigo, a symptom associated with problems in the inner ear that results in an off-balance, spinning, and dizzying feeling.
Other vertigo signs include headaches, sweating, loss of hearing, ringing in the ears, swaying, and nausea.
What Causes Vertigo?
The three causes of vertigo are vestibular neuritis, Meniere's Disease, and Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV).
- Nerve inflammation in the inner ear and other ear infections result in vestibular neuritis that can cause vertigo.
- Fluid buildup in the ear and sudden pressure changes can cause Meniere's Disease, resulting in hearing loss and dizziness.
- Old age and other factors can lead to the buildup and clutter of calcium particles in the ear canal, which leads to an inner ear condition called BBPV.
Chiropractic Care for Vertigo
Conventional vertigo treatments include medication and surgery for extreme cases. However, chiropractic care is a non-invasive, natural, and highly effective treatment option.
After a thorough evaluation, an experienced chiropractor will lay down the best action plan to treat your vertigo's conditions.
- Your chiropractor will manipulate the joints in the upper neck that are not moving correctly. Chiropractic manipulation corrects the motion patterns for movement and body position from the bones to the brain.
- If vertigo comes from the inner ear, a chiropractor may employ the Epley Maneuver by repositioning misplaced bony particles to their right positions in the inner ear and clearing the debris settling in the vestibulocochlear apparatus, the body's balance center.
- Your chiropractor will also outline several exercises and activities such as meditation, relaxation, and breathing techniques to regain control and focus your balance and body movements.
Thayer Chiropractic Method for Vertigo
Dr. Ace Thayer has perfected the Thayer Chiropractic Method, with his 25 years of chiropractic experience helping patients find relief from vertigo and other conditions such as:
- Back pain
- Neck Pain
- Pain from auto, sports, and work injuries.
Dr. Thayer will review your health history, perform a physical examination and diagnostic X-rays, and recommend a useful course of treatment to improve your balance and alleviate your pain.
Do you want to put an end to your dizzy spells? Call us today at 949-541-9078 and schedule an appointment with Dr. Thayer.